ORB Recruitment currently have a fantastic opportunity available to work for a leading vehicle conversion company in Pontefract. This client is a trusted supplier and partner of Ford, Mercedes Benz, Vauxhall, VW, Renault and more, and is leading the way in their sector!
Working hours are Monday to Friday
07.00am - 16.30pm, 7am-12pm on Friday
£9.00 per hour, going up to £9.50 after 12 weeks and there will also be attendance bonus of £42 per week.
Successful candidates will be working in a modernised, state of the art manufacturing facility, to complete conversions of Luton vans, side-loader vans, box vans and more.
Candidates will be trained on different stages of the build process and will be responsible for, but not limited to;
- Flat-pack Assembly - Most of the products will come ready packaged with full installation instructions inside. Full training will of course be provided, however this is a relatively straightforward role.
- Internal Fitting - Flooring, load locks, silicone fastening, some wiring and more.
- External Fitting - Control panel installation, stairs, bay lifts.
- Assembling of box trailers for attaching onto chassis.
- Daily use of hand tools - Drills, Tape Measure, Screwdrivers, Spanners, Wrenches and more.
- Quality Control - In most cases you will be responsible for ensuring products are assembled to tight specifications before being delivered to end customer, so a keen eye for detail is essential.
- Working to specific measurements and timelines
This job would be perfect for people with a background in production/assembly roles. However, candidates with a passion for manual work, or who are confident working with their hands (handymen, DIY enthusiasts, car restorers, mechanics, bench joiners, carpenters, flat-pack enthusiasts) would also be perfect for this position!
In addition to the above, we have already been made aware that the client WILL be offering permanent contracts following an initial 12 week probationary period via ORB Recruitment Ltd.